If you’re like most of my readers, you want more freedom and control over your life. You may still work a “normal” job in the concrete jungle, but you’re not fulfilled. You dream of becoming more independent and more connected with the natural world, with the way things were. You’re after self-reliance.
But it’s easier said than done. It just seems too daunting to trade your modern lifestyle for a simpler one. Maybe you feel like this reader:
Yours looks like an amazing life, but with bad credit and minimum income I will never be able to get the land to do this.
Or perhaps this reader:
I’ve been contemplating homesteading. Just not sure, with a mortgage, and three more kids to put through post secondary over the next 5 years, how to just ‘opt out’. If only it were that simple…
Can you relate to this?
- Are you unfulfilled with your job, or do you feel like you’re on a treadmill?
- Do you want the freedom to do what you want, when you want, and spend time with the people you want?
- Do you feel time slipping away and that you’re spending your life doing what others want rather than what you want?
- Do you worry that you don’t have the resources or skills to provide for your family’s needs?
- Are you concerned that your children aren’t learning what’s important in life?
If so, you’re not alone. A large and growing number of people feel this way.
I certainly know how you feel
I’m sure the thought of transitioning from your “normal” life to a self-sufficient homesteading life seems daunting. I know, I’ve been there myself. After all, I used to be on your side of the fence. In fact, I spent most of my adult life high-flying through corporate America, lured by the same conveniences and promises that entice most of us.
Rather than spending all day working alongside those I loved, as my grandparents did, I spent my days in traffic, meetings and on airplanes.
Worst of all, we weren’t independent at all. Rather, we were completely DEPENDENT on our modern (and fragile) infrastructure. When the grid went down, the grocery store employees went on strike or the sewer lines broke, we were in trouble.
So, we chucked the corporate life and fancy home on a golf course for a large, overgrown acreage. I said goodbye to my corporate paycheck and my wife did the same to her teacher’s salary.
We decided we would learn to grow, forage, hunt and harvest food for ourselves.
Most important, we decided to break free so we could live freely. It’s a great life and I wish the same for you.
My Goal in Writing and Narrating Stories
Through my podcast, blog and books, my mission is to give you the inspiration, courage, and knowledge you need to increase self-reliance. From practical ways to earn money homesteading to strategies for home-based businesses, my goal is to empower you to have more freedom in your life.
If you’re new to my site (and you likely wouldn’t be on this page if you weren’t), here are a few of the most popular pages on my site to get you started:
- The Self-Sufficient Life Podcast
- What is modern homesteading?
- Dispelling the Canned Food Expiration Date Myth
- Creating an Email Customer List – Tips for Farmers & Small Businesses
- Why You Should Start Prepping
- Videos on Homesteading & Self-Sufficiency Skills
- My Personal Prepping Recommendations
Or, you can see an archive of all my blog posts here.
My Products and Services
Subscribe to My Blog
In order to make sure you don’t miss my newest blog posts, why not subscribe to my blog. It’s fast, easy, and you can unsubscribe at any time. Best of all, I have a special gift when you subscribe. (Click here to find out more.)
Yes, you can enjoy more freedom by becoming more self-sufficient. All it takes is the commitment and a mentor to guide you. If you’ll provide the first, I’ll provide the second.
Let’s get started.