Welcome to Episode 4 of Self-Sufficient Life! In this episode, you’ll hear the story of a little girl who pushed her city wheelbarrow to the life in the country she was destined for.
Little kids dream of becoming all kinds of things when they grow up, but usually outgrow their fantasies when they become adults. But every now and then a kid holds on tight and grows up to live her dream.
Listen to the Podcast
Jill Winger grew up in the city. But from her earliest memory she fantasized about living in the country. So when she turned 18, she fled and began pushing her childhood wheelbarrow to rural Wyoming.
Today she’s a successful modern homesteader, earning enough money through blogging and her essential oils business to pay herself and her husband.
Jill offers great advice on how to start and monetize a blog, building an essential oils business, the value of frugality, following Dave Ramsey and avoiding debt and so much more. It’s a great listen to anyone inspiring to be more self-sufficient.
Keep up with Jill at The Prairie Homestead.
Subscribe to the Podcast
Make it easy on yourself and subscribe to the show, and you’ll never miss an episode:
Lehman’s offers back-to-basic products that help you live and enjoy a simpler life. Awesome stuff, too, like oil lamps, wood cook stoves, well-made farm and garden tools–even emergency preparedness supplies. Check out Lehman’s today.
Thanks for Listening!
Also, PLEASE LEAVE A REVIEW for Self-Sufficient Life on iTunes and enter the Homesteading Giveaway. Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and I greatly appreciate it!
Finally, don’t forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes to get automatic updates!
Read the Transcript
You can read a complete, word-for-word transcript of this episode here.
Resources Relevant to This Episode
- Jill’s Blog – The Prairie Homestead
- Jill’s Book: Your Custom Homestead
- Jill’s Book: Natural Homestead: 40+ Recipes for Natural Critters & Crops
- Book: Best Essential Oils Guide
- How to Make Money Homesteading by Tim Young
- The Accidental Farmers by Tim Young
- Start Prepping by Tim Young
- Get the Free eBook: The Self-Sufficient Road Map
- Story written by Tim Young
- Post Production by Tim Hallowell at The Podcasting Guy
- Theme Song – Opting Out Today – Lyrics by Tim Young
- Other royalty-free music by www.bensound.com, Kevin MacLeod, Nicolai Heidlas & Audionautix